I don't understand! (Premium question)

Strophanthus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay.. it says, when you go to get your free linden home,

"

Choose a home in a themed neighborhood.

Or upgrade to a mainland location and we'll waive your land tier fee. The choice is yours! "

Now what does that mean? Does that mean I could get land and not have to pay for it every month? How would I upgrade? I don't really want the house, as it's of no real use to me at this point, but I was told I could get land and that's the main reason I got the premium upgrade. Can anyone please explain to me what this means? If I really can get it for free, and if so, how I can? :(

So, when you are premium, you get 512sqm land-allowance - you can own 512sqm land for free. You have 2 choices:

1. you can get 512sqm anywhere on the mainland (you might  have to buy it, but once it's yours, you don't have to pay a montly fee for it.

2. You get a linden-home. These homes are 512sqm-parcels with a house on them. You don't have to pay to get this house (no setup fee and no montly cost) but have a few limitations like no terraforming and only a few options regarding the look of the house (you can't delete the house to place your own home) 

• 2 weeks later...

Finding friends to share your land with is a good idea. The more the betterer. But don't forget to found a group first (cost 100 L) and buy the land for group. The more ppl join in the more land you can buy ... and you get a 20% bonus on group land. Which means when you have like 4 x 512 = 2048 you can buy another 400 m² and no tier fee. Check with your account on the Linden web page and in the land tab of your group info to see how much land you have and how much more you can get without slipping into a higher tier payment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.