MarketPlace failed delivery, ticket submission question?

AstralBody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I am new to SL, and seem to be having alot of issues with failed delivery, even though it states its been delivered. It seems like I have this issue alot, maybe 10% of my purchases. Anyone know of any bugs/senarios that cause this? I have had to submit tickets just about every time, because the creators don't respond after days of waiting. In the past it has taken about 12 hours or less for a submited ticket to resend me my items. I have however been waiting for nearly three days now, and no response from linden or the creators. What is the time frame for redelivery through ticket submission?

I love second life so far, and have spent alot of money in it already, but I have to admit, this really deterrers someone new to second life from continuing to spend.

I'd give them 3days or so, but it can be longer. Continue to contact the creator, that's your best bet. In the meantime use marketplace to find what you want then go to the store and buy it. you will get your item instantly.

Don't buy a lot of items at once or over load the shopping bag.

Always be online and not in busy mode.

ETA  looks for Josh to show up billyclub.gif

Hi Astral,

The Marketplace has a history of delivery problems since it launched last year and there are fixes in the works (so don't lose hope). A few tips that "might" help in the meantime:

~ purchase only 1 item at a time (the shopping cart and magic boxes which contain the items are tied to the delivery failures)

~ make sure to be online/not busy when ordering an item, otherwise the risk of failed delivery escalates

~ consider using the Marketplace as a "search" tool, find the item of interest, then visit the inworld store to purchase

If all this fails, and a delivery still goes missing, you're doing the right thing -> read the Merchant's profile for contact info (some like im's, some like notecards, some a combo of both, some even provide an email address to write to for assistance) and contact them. Since all Merchants are different, the response time can vary. As a shopper, a purchase I made last week failed delivery and it took the Merchant 5 days to get back to me (and I'm a Merchant and I thought that was terrible response time, but sometimes it does take a while). When all else fails, filing a support ticket usually works, and support's response time has been quite speedy. So if you haven't heard from support yet, you might want to give that another shot.

I wish there were a better answer and hope that your delivery arrives very soon one way or another.

Edited to add: lol, Jacki, you type faster than I do! at least we say the same things!

Thanks for the replies, and tips everyone. It has also unforunatly happend in the ingame store as well, luckily there was a business partner there at the time, that quickly resolved the issue. A question about notecards, I read how to create them, but in the turtorial it states they have to be on your friends list to send them, is there another way to send them without the person being on your friends list? I noticed some merchants have a drop box set up for notecards, but not all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.