Any Way to download sounds back to your computer?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 years later...

yeah really lame,  a few years later  (3912 days ) and I'm still looking for an answer for this one, maybe Jenni Darkwatch wants to tell him how to do it from another viewer illegally?  lol.  Come on, tell us how to upload sounds to our harddrive.

I also fried my hard drive and want to upload the sound peices from many songs I put into sl, and made a store with musicals in it, I want to upload and put on osgrid.

Hello?????

thank you.

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2011 at 7:18 PM, VonGklugelstein Alter said:

I lost my hard drive and want to retrieve my sounds from SL. Curently I see no option for saving sound files. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Thanks

If it was your sounds (as in you created them), you should already have a backup of them, right?

Solution sent in PM, the reason being that while using a trivial recipe with the official SL viewer, it still exposes a ”security by obscurity” ”protection” (or lack thereof) of sound assets...

This said, it would be nice if LL could officially implement in their viewer a way to recover any of your own assets (the ones you are the creator for). It is of course already possible for note cards and scripts (via text copy/pasting or the use of an external editor, in recent viewers), but the rest relies on ”tricks” or is close to impossible (for a rigged mesh asset, for example).

Edited by Henri Beauchamp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.