llSleep( ) seems to slow down llTargetOmega( ) - huh?

Domitan Redenblack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Domitan Redenblack wrote:

llSleep( ) seems to slow down llTargetOmega( ) - huh?

I thought targetOmega ran in the local client machine, so should not be affected by llSleep( ) - yes?

Yep, llTargetOmega() is executed in the viewer. Is it being called repeatedly by something involving llSleep()? If so, you may be seeing stutter as the viewer restarts the rotation. Can you give a more detailed description of what's happening?

Object is not Physical...

I also have another timer running already, so chose llSleep( ) here.

I want a titler to fade in, hold text title, then fade out:

myFadeTitler(string lsMessage, float lfFullyVisibleTime) {    //    integer i = 0;    while ( i++ <= 10 )         llSetText( lsMessage, gvColor, i/10.0 ); llSleep(0.05);        llSleep( lfFullyVisibleTime );        while ( i-- >= 0 )         llSetText( lsMessage, gvColor, i/10.0 ); llSleep(0.05);    }

Void Singer wrote: that up to your viewer.... it's not the call causing it, it's the update to the hovertext (which is also a client side effect)

Do you all see a glitch when hovertext is updated in your viewers?

I am using the latest Phoenix viewer which is running around 40 fps, so I would think that hovertext could be updated in a few milliseconds - not enough to cause a glitch...

while ( i-- >= 0 )         llSetText( lsMessage, gvColor, i/10.0 ); llSleep(0.05);

Not what you meant, surely?

If you do not include braces around a statement-block then only the FIRST statement is executed in it - so this is equivalent to:

while ( i-- >= 0 ) {        llSetText( lsMessage, gvColor, i/10.0 );}llSleep(0.05);

You need to include the sleep in the braces if you want to slow down the fade-effect

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.