Trouble staying logged in

Ladybird Mystiere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All day I have been unable to gain entry to SL...well, I gain entry but after a few seconds I get the message 'you have been logged out of SL, the region you are in may be experiencing problems'. I have tried a few different areas but get the same thing. I'm using Firestorm (not the mesh version though_)

Anyone got any suggestions?

Me too...its getting really bad. I often get a white misty screen with Not Responding too before it logs me in...then I stay logged in for a few secs but if I try to tp anywhere.,..or even adjust volume..it boots me! Never had this problem in five years...only happened since I dled the new Viewer. Help please LL? Its frustrating as hell (and it sure aint my PC or net connection).

I am assuming from this and other problems I am seeing is that they are having some issues with their network and earlier today, I had some of my clients with issues that also use Level (3).   

My suggestion is to open a ticket to make them aware of the issue since this is not really a LL support system, it's a resident Forum that LL often post to but not the best place for direct support.  I would also include what country and or state you are trying to log in from.

First check your connection while logged in. Press Ctrl-Shift-1 (a toggle) to get the viewer stats. Look at Ping and Packet Loss. Both should be low. Ping from 250 down is good. Over that and you may have problems. When you start seeing 3,000ms ping the controls are way sluggish and you are likely to get logged off. Lost Packets should be 0%. You can survive at 3% but as you go over that it is likely you'll have problems.

If you see problems from the preceeding step then at some place like SpeedTest.net check your connection. If the numbers are good now, then it is SL not your connection.

Visit Grid Status to see if it is a known problem. If it is, your... well... you'll have to wait for the fix.

If you have not found the problem, reset your modem and reboot your computer. SL requies a large number of connections to work well. Some modems have trouble handling all the connections and start failing. The Firestorm wiki has a section on the problem. You can go into Preferences and change from HTTP Texture Get 'enabled' to disabled. This can reduce the number of connections at the cost of a minor performance impact.

Depending on your viewer and its version there are some issues. One can login with a pre-version 2.7 viewer (pre-mesh) to clear the problem then return to your 3.x viewer. I think it has been fixed in version 3.0.5 and newer.

There is more information here: Can’t Login Second Life HOWEVER... you do not seem to be having any of the additional problems covered there.

Rather than blame this on an individuals connection or computer, like the standard sl script for help, face facts these crashes are occuring all ove sl, and effecting all kinds of viewers, also they are followed by probelms logging back in and more crashes.  It is time for LL to take their collective heads out of the ground or wherever they have them buried, face the fact that they have created a major problem and fix the thing and stop making it worse by adding more poorly tested and prepared code atop an already overstressed system each week.  Given the rapaid drop off of people online in the last week and business failure, you would think LL would recognize this and do something about it, but apparent they are still denying that anything is wrong and blaming it anyone but themselves, but let me ask this if the net is working fine elsewhere why is it that it suddenly becomes unstable the moment someone enters sl.  The answer is obvious it you are willing to see and honest enought to look.  Sadly though LL does not seem to be seeing or looking and so things just become worse and I shudder to think where this may end.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.