Cannot view browser windows (slplugin.exe?)

Davlos Karsin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This was a fresh install to my PC with no pre-existing viewers.

I installed the default Viewer 2.0 and there was an error message which popped up demanding me to fix slplugin.exe. I wasn't able to get past the TOS wall until I downloaded Radegast to get past it, and when I entered I couldn't conduct Searches, could not see profiles. I'm basically handicapped now.

Can someone please help me out with this? I have Windows Firewall off now, and Microsoft Security Essentials is off, too. I've also tried to set slplugin.exe to Win95 Compatibility but doesn't seem to have helped with anything. 

once you passed the TOS with Radegast you should be able to run the official viewer again, give it a try.

what i suspect is that when you downloaded the viewer it didnt download well, and that file was downloaded incomplete, try downloading the beta version, it installs in its own directory with its own slplugin files, it may install itself well and you are going to be able to run the latest official viewer.

Norton rejected slplugin.exe on my Firestorm 3 beta install, so I uninstalled Firestorm and V3, and did a fresh install of V3.  I filed a Firestorm Jira (SUP-5971).  Fellow who responded to SUP-5971 had helped me before (trust him) indicated that Norton just hadn't caught up with the new Firestorm.  I'll try again in a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.