can't upload new profile picture

HappyConfusion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Firestorm Beta has made it impossible to easily load one's photo from a Windows Desktop photo in JPG up onto one's Profile.  If there is a way, please tell me in plain English with no abbv. and no AACRMS (letters that stand for a phrase).  Get that picture, at least.

After three months of daily encounters with Second Life, I now see why so many regions are totally empty of avatars/people.  The whole site is basically deserted except for semi-secret clubs and BDSM regions, and some places for other sex hookups.  I tried every different hour, different days, same emptiness.

So, it appears that Linden Labs have been so hung up on tweeking their software or whatever they are talking about on their site that comes up after a Google search for "download SL Viewers."    How can LL afford to run this thing for the few software nuts in and out of their offices?  SL and LL missed the boat that would have allowed them to have been Facebook, Amazon.com, and eBay if they had the obvious larger vision that a humanist on staff could have told and predicted.

Too bad such a potential wonderful phenomena had to kill itself off by suicide.... now gradually but surely.

peterbliss

• 1 month later...

I've tried uploading a picture inworld and through secondlife.com and in both cases I also get the same error message  AccessDeniedInvalid according to Policy: Policy Condition failed: ["eq", "$Content-Type", "image/png"]31C0416552B444A4N+dlQ06Nsj6XMb7005BNA3+TJqfAfdVNbbZrNxmNF51SHDskagPBSZJn6xb4o9Ey

This is really annoying. I uploaded the image cause I though I had to upload it first and then drag it to my profile like we used to do. Now it seems I'll have to upload yet again because I discovered that we're supposed to upload from the profile editor. It will cost me L$20 instread of L$10. 

I would like to know if there's anything else I should know. Such as, are the profile pictures now supposed to be square or are they still 4x3? Can I crop them after uploading or do I have to do that before hand, like it used to be?

Ok folks, had the same problem... tried everything i found right here... nothing helped. Then...

1. download Firestorm (its a viewer like Secondlife Viewer 2 or 3)

2. If done, simple start it, you will join SL

3. Load up your new profile picture

4. Choose if ya like Firestorm or Viewer 2 or 3 more, if ya like Viewer more, simple exit SL and join again with your Viewer and you will still have the new profile pic... :D (i liked Viwer 2, but LL refreshed it into Viewer 3)

(An angel named Angela helped me on Help Island... i offered 50 L$, but she did that not for money, at the end i payed 90 L$) Now I enjoy my new pic. ;) good people are rare nowadays... but still outthere...

The reason you can't upload is because it has to be in PNG form

You also have to upload it from your computer now instead of from your inventory.

If you want a picture thats already in your inventory, then just open the picture inworld, and then hit the key on your keyboard call PRT SC (it stands for pront scroll, yours may be different, but its usually located around the scroll lock or num lock key).

Then go into a program like paint and paste the image. Then crop it or whatever, and when you go to save the image, save it as a PNG. then go to your profile settings and chose the file from your comp that you just saved. Works every time =]

BlackThorn wrote:

The reason you can't upload is because it has to be in PNG form

You also have to upload it from your computer now instead of from your inventory.

If you want a picture thats already in your inventory, then just open the picture inworld, and then hit the key on your keyboard call PRT SC (it stands for pront scroll, yours may be different, but its usually located around the scroll lock or num lock key).

Then go into a program like paint and paste the image. Then crop it or whatever, and when you go to save the image, save it as a PNG. then go to your profile settings and chose the file from your comp that you just saved. Works every time =]

you can load images from the viewer to your computer without having to do all that..just use the "save texture as" option..

i believe you can get to it from right clicking the image or it's up in the menu maybe by the upload feature.. 

• 1 year later...

I had this problem for ever, until i figured out that if you click on the camera to take the picture it gives you the option of saving the picture to your computer for free...i wasted 30 lindin trying to get a pic. once it is in your computer just find the picture and upload the jpeg as your profile pic and your good to go.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.