Where do I get animations?

Vivawire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You buy them or sometimes get them as group gifts or hunt prizes. When you go shopping for animations, best to do it in world as not all will work with your avatar. Different shapes, arm and leg lengths can throw things off -- especially with couples poses.

So do a search in world for "dance animations" and have a fun day trying them out. Just hop on the stands or the balls provided and you can see if you feel comfortable with the dance.

On an odd note, I was looking for couples dances yesterday and went to a BIG shop with lots of dances and not one demo. I honestly don't see how they can actually be in business. Dances are expensive. I don't think too many folks would buy them without trying them. Maybe it's just me :D.

Have fun.

• Like 1

In all clubs and dancing spots in SL, you will find dance balls on which you can click to animate your avatar. You can find plenty of cool places in the Destination Guide:

https://secondlife.com/destinations?lang=en-US

You can also buy dancing AOs on the marketplace:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/fr-FR/products/search?search[category_id]=24&search[maturity_level]=G&search[keywords]=dance+animations

ETA: you should have animations in your inventory, but not dancing ones. Make sure you are logged in advanced mode.

• Like 2

You don't actually need to have any animations of your own.  If you go to a club or anyplace where people are dancing, most of them are using a communal dance machine.  Often it looks like one of those 70's-style mirror balls.  Sometimes it's a big sign that says "DANCE!".  Whatever ....  If you can't find it, ask someone.  Then all you need to do is click on it and select "OK" when it asks for permission to animate you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.