Edited : New question on physics

Alexandra Barcelos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Isn't Collada part of the blender-2.5 core distribution ? What Collada Plugin have you installed ? If you happened to have installed the Illusoft plugin, then you have lost. that works only for Blender-2.4 ...

Normally you would not install any extra plugin to export. Just follow:

File -> Export ->Collada

and ensure that you have enabled "selected only"

Blender uses Collada-1.4.1 and it may or may not work with the SL importer. (As far as i can see, it mostly works, sometimes not)

as i said, forget that. this plugin is for blender 2.4 (btw it is also in the core distribution of blender-2.4)

The Collada exporter for Blender 2.5 is the first entry in the export menu... and it is there since longer than a year (but works only since a few months for Secondlife meshes ;-) )

You just gave the proof that it is there in your screen shot ;-) ( first entry in the export menu as i wrote )

Alexandra Barcelos wrote:

Ohh well i tried rigging my skirt mesh and when i upload it to sl , the eyes are atached to the mesh loll .. so i tought i absolutely needed collada 1.4 , now i need to figure out why the eyes atach to the skirt when i rig
xD

You can just delete the eyes out of that file since you don't need them for clothing. Most importantly, make sure that you click "Export Only Selected " on the export window. You may miss it because it is on the sidebar on the left after you pick Export -> Collada. If you want a step-by-step SL mesh clothing tutorial, give this one a try: http://www.youtube.com/user/ashasekayi#grid/user/11D6E99BB51A2BB2

Ashasekayi Ra wrote:

Alexandra Barcelos wrote:

Ohh well i tried rigging my skirt mesh and when i upload it to sl , the eyes are atached to the mesh loll .. so i tought i absolutely needed collada 1.4 , now i need to figure out why the eyes atach to the skirt when i rig
xD

If you want a step-by-step SL mesh clothing tutorial, give this one a try: 

That tutorial series is really great. Anybody new to making rigged clothes should watch those. I'm just learning Blender and by following those tutorials I was able to make rigged skirt and import it succesfully to SL. Woot! :smileyhappy:

I used Blender 2.59 which exports rigged clothing perfectly. No need to search any extra Collada, the one which is in the default installation works well.

One extra thing needed to make the weighting easier is the "Bone Weight Copy" addon. Look for this thread: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Bone-Weight-Copy-in-Blender-2-5x/td-p/1071299

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.