Avatar appears black and then invisible

Apple Pumpkins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry if this isn't the right place, I couldn't find anywhere else suitable to post.

I was in my main region, it then went offline for maintenance, so I got teleported to an adult club, I wasn't even asked to teleport or given an option. Shortly after entering the club, my skin went invisible with many tiny multicolour parts show up.

I've taken all of my clothes off, turned off hardware skinning, rebaked textures, and my avatar is now completely invisible apart from eyes and mouth. When I try and put different clothes on, my avatar shape shows completely black for a second, then just turns invisible again.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Edit: It's almost as if my character has unmapped itself, as my t-shirt clothing texture keeps suddenly appearing on my head, etc.

I've also tried everything I could find. Doing animations, re-logging. I've also got the advanced and develop menu up and tried 'testing male character' but nothing has had any effect. Clearing cache also hasn't worked.

Edit 2: Just opened up my character in Firestorm viewer and it showed up fine. So it's something with Viewer 3 as I logged back into this viewer and it's bugged again.

When I log into SL, my avatar apears as a cloud and will not rez into her avatar shape.  I've tried changing my graphics settings, appearance settings, and I've rebaked her, but she still continues to be a white cloud!!  I'm really upset about this, because I've never had this problem before, and nothing I do corrects it.   Please help. 

Thanks very much,

Lexa Avedon

Might not be relevant here, but possibly worth pointing out anyways.

I've got a dual monitor setup, and when I was first setting up my alt, I had a similar problem (was trying to use one avvie per monitor).  I was initially having similar issues to what you describe, and was tearing my hair out ... until someone pointed out that (without going into too much 'techy stuff') the version of OpenGL the client was using only works on the primary monitor, and hence I was getting avatar problems on the secondary.

OR in simple terms ... if you're on WIndows and have dual monitor, you need to ru the client on the primary monitor.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.