Blender

Vivian Fairywren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, you can make this and a lot more with Blender. 

How? That would fill several pages. Here you are in the mesh-section. mesh is a rather new technology. Before, that wahat you want to do was done with sculpties. 

Blender can do both, but you will have to learn a lot, until your first mesh skirt or sculpted skirt can be seen in SL. 

But, if i didn't scare you too much now: Blender ist an excellent programm to do such things. 

I am assuming you meant not flexi rather than a non-flexible sleeve.

Blender is a free and powerful 3D modeling tool. If you really want to do a lot of creative work in SL it is an excellent choice. But, all that power gives it a steep learning curve.

For videos oriented toward SL try Machinimatrix.org and YouTube. 

There are a number of wiki's with general Blender tutorials. Blender Noob to Pro is a well known one.

Many of the tutorials out there are for 2.49. They are difficult for a person new to Blender to translate to use in Blender 2.5x because of the big change in User Interface. I think 2.5 is much easier to learn.

To make clothes, many people use 2.49 because the Collada exported does a better job with 'rigged mesh' than 2.5. However, the Lindens are working on fixing things so 2.59 Collada's rigged mesh works well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.