The First 1.x Viewer with Mesh Support is out

Holger Gilruth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here is a new release of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from http://sldev.free.fr/:

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.1.3 (experimental, MESH branch)

People having downloaded former v1.26.1.x versions should update to this new, bugfix release.

New in this release:

• The "incompletely rezzing mesh objects" bug has been fixed. As a result, the "Load Meshes at Max LOD" setting (that was used as a work around) is now off by default.
  • Added the prims cost (equivalent number of prims for mesh objects) to the build floater. Whenever the prim cost differs from the total number of actual prims in an object, it is displayed after that number, between parenthesis.
  • Added the textured light settings to the Features tab of the build floater.
  • Various minor improvements, backported from v3, and various minor optimizations by me.
  • Added the deletion of the deprecated non-english notifications.xml files to the Windows installer script.

Enjoy !

Tristizia Demonista wrote:

Is there a chance that Cool will also at some time support Multiple Attachment on the same point ?

It already does !!!

It was the first v1 viewer to support v2-like multiple attachments !  Like it was the first v1 viewer to support Alpha and Tattoos, item links, new search, etc... and now meshes.

Henri Beauchamp wrote:

Tristizia Demonista wrote:

Is there a chance that Cool will also at some time support Multiple Attachment on the same point ?

It already does !!!

It was the first v1 viewer to support v2-like multiple attachments !  Like it was the first v1 viewer to support Alpha and Tattoos, item links, new search, etc... and now meshes.

Ohh, ok. 

Seems i was misinformed then , thx for the clarification! :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hmm, as a V2/3 user reverted to 1.23.5 i tried the latest stable Cool viewer to see mesh.

This viewer looks promising but it's super buggy (snowglobe based). I even crash immediate when i click the button to open the minimap.

When i de-installed Cool other programs froze and CCleaner halted. 

I had to restart the whole computer to actually clean up the registry which Cool seem to have made a mess with.

And, yes i did install the latest stable version.

It is a nice try and i understand it is volentary work not listed in the TVP at all, but i'm not even going to touch this thing again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.