Snapshot not showing sky or water in Ultra Graphics Mode with Shadows enabled on Phoenix Viewer

Katanya Mistral

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

While taking some snapshots yesterday, I turned my graphics up to Ultra and enabled shadows via the Phoenix Viewer.  When I took the snapshot, the preview showed no sky nor water, but everything looked fine in world.  Does anyone know if there is something I need to tweak to get them to show up in the snapshot?  Any help would be appreciated.

@Peewee: Sky and water look fine to me also just looking about, but they do not show up in the screenshot.

2 answers to this question

I had exactly the same experience several months ago and had forgotten about it until I saw your question. I still do not know what caused it, and would love to hear a technical explanation from someone with more experience in SL photography.  Unfortunately, I also not not know what cleared it up.  I have just tried taking a series of test pics in PNG, JPG, and BMP formats, enabling and disabling the usual suspects in Preferences >> Graphics  (VBO, HTTP Textures, anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering) and I can't reproduce the waterless, skyless error again.  All I can suggest to you is that some of your user settings files may have been borked.  You can try deleting some or all of them and forcing your viewer to rebuild them when you relog next time.  See >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User_settings .  You might also try simply clearing your cache manually to see if that helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.