Mesh is here!!!!

Medhue Simoni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah, it is alot nicer being able to do stuff on my own land. Plus you get to see how things work in relationship to a full working sim, not empty plots of land.

The script penalty tho, it is still there. It just works a little different. They just don't add a prim, but the penalty is still there. I uploaded 1 instance of my deer at 5 PE, but it had 8 parts to it. Once I dropped the scripts in, the PE jumped to 8. Before, this would have jumped to 9. So the new formula with a script is that your PE equals how many parts are linked.

Basically, I can make something at a lower PE, but there is no point. If I have 8 parts then I might as well make the PE 8, as I gain nothing by making it 4 or 5 PE, except maybe some minute lag, but this is all relative.

Yeah I am seeing what you say, past a certain point there is no reason to cut further corners. The PE count rounds up so much that hyperefficiency is a futile effort & it is better to rachet up the quality instead.

After working lately mostly on mesh assets for mobile use, I love working with mesh in SL without quite such tight constraints. The PE is set up very reasonable now, there is a lot of freedom to build great looking ultralight stuff without going too crazy.

I got my bird inworld (you might have seen it on

before) & I got them animated! So far just with walking, stand, sleep, beak open/close & blinking. I still have to add in animation for pecking ground & flying.

Each animated bird in this picture is 1 prim each -- script included. I can calculate ahead now that the final birds on release will be 3 prim each.

birdpic_001.png

If I scale them up as big as my avie, they become 3 prim, so I think any animal I make now will be under 9 prim.... except dinosaurs :smileyvery-happy:

This is an example of my mesh bigwheel next to the prim/sculpty version. The prim version is more like a cross between a bigwheel and a tricycle, lol. The prim version is 24 prims, and this mesh version is 18 PE, but I could have gone alot lower. 18 PE for this makes all the LODs pretty darn detailed tho, and the current version is worn, not a true vehicle. We may make it a true vehicle tho. I still need to add some flexies and stuff to it. Plus, I made a shaded texture for it, with different faces on each section. So, the customer can change the bigwheel to any color combination that the customer wants.

Meshbigwheel.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.