Violation of TOS?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I attended an event in second life at which time aother attendee apparently linked my profile to a site outside of second life.  I did not give permission and according to his site it is within TOS for him to do this.  Further, he recommends that in order not to show up on this site I need to make sure I disable 'search' on my profile.  This ticks me off!  Is this a violation?

Unfortunately I do not believe that it is a violation and as mentioned, the Resident may be linking your SL Web profile to a private 2nd party Website.

Second Life would never violate any Resident's or non-resident's right to freedom of speech outside of Second Life. 

A fair Policy should protect all involved parties equally. The second paragraph in Section 11.4 of the Second Life Terms of Service provides Protection for and of SL Residents.

Copying the TOS for use at this Forum is not permitted, here is a link to the T.O.S. section I have referenced.

http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php#tos11

From my personal experience I know that the makers of SL (LL) are interested in hearing your feedback about any SL feature. You may do this by filing an AR, submitting a ticket with support, inworld office meeting, or posting a thread here as you have done. If you feel that another SL Resident poses an unacceptable risk to SL or is acting outside of the best interest of SL, you may report that information to Linden Labs.

In the event of any incident which may require LL to evaluate a Resident's conduct or behavior, LL will may use any relevant data (including past AR's filed by or against) in order to make a determination as to the best course of action to follow with that Resident.

If it isnt against TOS now, then it should be, because like anyother website collecting information about you, it should be secure from leaving that site. your information should not beable to be found anywhere ales but SL........this is a large concern and makes me consider my options. Being a long time land owner, i wish to be able to release MY information at will, not have it distributed by others.

I almost didn't see the Katz's reply, thank you for jumping in.

Profile thingy? Is that a technical term, Madam? Just kidding :smileytongue:. Are you inquiring about web based profiles or the (unnamed?) 2nd party site where a Resident is linking profiles?

There is a mysecondlife link "thingy" but I don't have a link. sorry. 

A link with a link 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Web_profile

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.