Thank You's

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A few recent incidents have caused me to think about this so I thought I'd post this here in making friends.

In RL, I am an amateur photographer and I am rarely with out my camera.  I have been working to learn the 'art,' learning about lighting, composition, etc, all the things that work together to make a great picture.  I don't take 'snapshots,' I take 'photographs.'

Sometimes when I am out and about friends or acquaintances will ask me to take their picture which I am more than happy to do, and I will send them what I take.  Most of the time I will get an e mail back thanking me.  But sometimes the response is silence.  So after a few days I will send a simple e mail, "Did you get the pictures I sent you?"  Generally this will result in an apology for not replying and a thank you. 

That little phrase, those two little words when put together, may be one of the most powerful things you can ever say.  It is really for me all the payment I ask for what I do as a photographer.  While I do derive personal pleasure from taking photographs, it is the thing that makes all the effort I have put into learning my art worth it.

So in closing I want to say two things.  No matter how busy you may be, no matter how important you may think you are, take the time to say thank you. It costs so little and pays so much.  Thank you my friends.

Do it now
            by Berton Braley

If with pleasure you are viewing
    any work a man is doing,
    If you like him or you love him,
    tell him now;
    Don't withhold your approbation
    till the parson makes oration
    And he lies with snowy lilies on his brow;
    No matter how you shout it
    he won't really care about it;
    He won't know how many teardrops you have shed;
    If you think some praise is due him
    now's the time to slip it to him,
    For he cannot read his tombstone when he's dead.

More than fame and more than money
    is the comment kind and sunny
    And the hearty, warm approval of a friend.
    For it gives to life a savor,
    and it makes you stronger, braver,
    And it gives you heart and spirit to the end;
    If he earns your praise - bestow it,
    if you like him let him know it,
    Let the words of true encouragement be said;
    Do not wait till life is over
    and he's underneath the clover,
    For he cannot read his tombstone when he's dead.

Thank you for your post. :)

I have been married for 20 years now and both my husband and I always say thank you to each other no matter what it was that was done. Even just picking something up at the store or  taking the trash out.

Also never forgetting to send a TY card for a gift.

Growing up we were taught that saying please and thank you were good manners but It really is important to the one on the receiving end.

Thank YOU Perrie. You are one of the greater story tellers in these fora and one of the kindest. I remember a post of yours about your cat killer, wife and child beater neighbour. You wrote it in such an appropriate and talented way. I was impressed.

So tonight, I sincerely thank you for all that you bring here.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Thank YOU Perrie. You are one of the greater story tellers in these fora and one of the kindest. I remember a post of yours about your cat killer, wife and child beater neighbour. You wrote it in such an appropriate and talented way. I was impressed.

So tonight, I sincerely thank you for all that you bring here.

Ummmmmm....you may have me mixed up with someone else on that post, but still, TY.

II think our whole society needs to be little more considerate of other people.

One way to do this is for employers to tell their employees "thank-you" once in a while. I had a boyfriend who worked at a small military contractor job. His bosses make it a habit of sending a Thank-you email to everyone who was involved in a project when it was done. It costs nothing to say thank-you, but it makes people feel appreciated & boosts their moral.

And Thank-You, Perrie, for starting this thread.

You're right as you so often are, Perrie. Thank you. It never hurts to be reminded of that.

Jacki's comment about thank-you notes made me smile; my sister is almost a family legend in that regard. Most of us believe she actually writes her thank you notes on the way home from the party/dinner/whatever.

Edited to remove an imaginary 'e' from Jacki's name.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Thank YOU Perrie. You are one of the greater story tellers in these fora and one of the kindest.
I remember a post of yours about your cat killing, wife and child.....

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *meows*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.