i lost my important object... please help

Violet Lauria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Finding lost objects is not always simple, especially if they are not at ground level, but it is usually possible if you are patient.  Some viewers, like Phoenix and Firestorm, have built-in functions that can help you search, and there are devices for sale on Marketplace that will do it too. ( I sell one myself. :smileytongue: ) If you are the sim owner or have owner privileges on the land, you can also use some tools in Region/Estate or About Land to help. If the object is scripted, for example, you can locate it easily with the Top Scripts function in Region/Estate >> Debug.  In About Land you can highlight all objects that you own, so that they are easier to locate -- even if they are underground or inside other objects. 

Along with the other answers about finding lost objects, there are many (MANY) times when you try and rez and object in world (pull it out of your inventory and onto the ground) and it simply doesn't appear. Have you looked in your inventory to see if it is still there?

And -- if it is a copy item, you can simply rez it again.

I had something even more odd happen to me last evening; I rezzed a very large megaprim, saw it for an instant and then it became invisible. I knew it was there as I couldn't walk into that area. I was blocked by the invisible prim. It did NOT however show up using the Show Transparent option or in Area Search (I knew the name of the prim even :D).  When I relogged, it was there with grass covering it as it should be. The mysteries of SL.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.