Business Ideas and help with Traffic building ideas

Jaidyn Piers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello my name is Jaidyn Piers and I own an Advertising Agency in sl I have been planning on expanding my business my plan is to open a SL info island with lots of info about sl and events going on around sl as well as advertising  the problem is I need to find a good way for people to want to come advertising so my ? Is how can I get advertisers to come rent on my sim 

please help me 

Jaidyn Piers wrote:

Hello my name is Jaidyn Piers and I own an Advertising Agency in sl I have been planning on expanding my business my plan is to open a SL info island with lots of info about sl and events going on around sl as well as advertising  the problem is I need to find a good way for people to want to come advertising so my ? Is how can I get advertisers to come rent on my sim 

please help me 

Jaidyn, it's very easy to be criticial of an idea and shoot it down and I desperately don't want to appear to do that but I have a concern.

I'll answer your question, how can you get advertisers to come and rent on your sim.  The answer is, have something they want.

Now that's probably going to sound utterly useless but as a merchant that's why I rent at the locations that I do and that thing that they have just so happens to be potential customers of my target market.

My concern is that what you have is a dream and not a business plan. There's nothing wrong with dreams, it's what SL caters for but a business plan requires far more than "rent a sim and they will come" and many have made that expensive step.  What is lacking is all the crucial bits in your plan on how to get beyond that dream and how to monetize the sim and for you, it's doing exactly what everyone is already seeking to do which is get traffic.

You know this, you've said you know this but then are surprised that the obvious is pointed out and throw it back.  There are no magic ways to get traffic other than "have something someone wants to see".  What is it that you have?

I'm concerned at an info island, don't people use search (ignoring all jokes about search here) but you've have Catch 22 working here, merchants don't want to pay to advertise where there are no eyes to see the advert and you have to have events etc. to advertise but nobodoy wants to put them there.

So back to my concern, there are approximately 27,000 sims, what will you have that makes someone want to visit you?  We don't know the answer to that but unless you have disposable income or another source of revenue, I fear that you're about to enter in a costly exercise if you're about to buy (or have just bought) a sim for this idea.

However, fantastic things can happen but I don't have a magic answer other than set it up as free sex sim rated G.  You'll get some great footfall until LL shut it down or recategorise it as adult.  I've seen that before but then... newbies have no money so the traffic is mostly worthless.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.