I am having trouble with some hair and shoes, they look almost exploded. Anyone know why?

quincy56

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am having trouble with some hair and shoes. They look almost "exploded" here is a picture of what I mean. Anyone know how I can fix this? Here is a picture:

Shoes

EDIT: Thank you for the replies. I did try those things and nothing seems to work. I am using the latest LL Viewer. Now the funny thing is, I tried Firestorm and they look normal with that one. Could it just be my computer doesn't like the LL Viewer?

3 answers to this question

It looks as if the bow on those shoes just hasn't rezzed fully yet.  Try moving to another sim, preferably a nice quiet one like Smith, and give them a little time to rez.  If your graphics card is having to render too many textures, it just can't handle it all at once. You might also try reducing the work that your graphics card it trying to do:  lower your draw distance a bit and (if your resolution setting is at Ultra) lower your resolution.  I suspect it's the same thing with your hair.

• Like 1

you didn't happen to buy any shoes that were part mesh did you that could be one possible cause you need the latest mesh viewer and to be on a mesh enabled sim to properly view mesh you may also want to find the debug settings under the advanced menu type in rendervolumelod and change your LOD to 4 it might be some sculpts on your shoes have a high lod factor

quincy56 wrote:

EDIT: Thank you for the replies. I did try those things and nothing seems to work. I am using the latest LL Viewer. Now the funny thing is, I tried Firestorm and they look normal with that one. Could it just be my computer doesn't like the LL Viewer?

Well, I suppose anything is possible.  It's more likely, though, that there are some differences in the settings you are using in Preferences in the two viewers.  If you have the time, patience, and curiosity, compare all of the settings in Preferences >> Graphics in Firestorm with those in LL's V2.  Remember that there are extra tabs to look at, too.  I bet you'll find something that is different.  Of course, if Firestorm works for you, you may just want to stick with it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.