some functions of aos wont work like walks no matter what viewer

Kimiko133

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

like the title says...some of the walk aos wont work that I have gotten for free and some bought. I even have this kid ao and the only thing that works on it is the sit anywhere.  I don't know if it could be settings issue or what. I also don't have any other aos on that I know of when I try it too.

List of the ones:

Sexy Female AO-Mears AO

Offal Kidz ao ZHAO-II

Platinum sexy walk

Female Walk

kid ao - seems this one only works if I have run on

2 answers to this question

It's a little hard to tell from what you wrote whether you are talking about AOs (Animation Overriders) or the animations that are in them.  An AO is usually a HUD.  If that's what yours is, you'll see it as an icon on your screen.  If you are using a viewer like Phoenix or Firestorm that has a built-in AO, you may have it activated instead.  In addition, you may be wearing scripted objects like shoes that have animations in them.  If you have several of these objects activated at once, the animation that takes precedence at any time depends on exactly what you are trying to do (sit? fly? dance? ???) and what the priority level of each animation is.  It can all get terribly confusing -- especially if you have set up one or more of the objects incorrectly.

The smart thing to do is to either remove or deactivate all but one of the AOs and scripted attachments and see how the remaining one works.  If you're lucky, you may be able to identify them by looking in the Worn tab in your inventory. Once you have experimented to find out what they each do, wear (or activate) ONLY the one that you actually want to use at any given time.  For example, when you find out what your child AO can do, deactivate or remove all other AOs when you are doing kid stuff.  If your experiments tell you that you have animations that you like in more than one AO, consider combining them into just one of them.

The ZHAO II is a simple one to use, I would suggest that you rezz the others on the ground and drag the anims from them into your inventory.

Then rezz the ZHAO II and drag those anims from your inventory into the contents of the ZHAO II.

Open the notecard called Default & follow the instructions in it on how to fill in the names of the animations - The names have to be EXACTLY how they are written on the anim name.

Save the notecard & close it, take the ZHAO II back to your inventory and then wear it.

Click the load button & load "Default" & then switch on the AO with the big green button.

If you are in a script enabled area it should now work.

I wouldn`t reccommend using a Kids AO unless you have a very small avatar, since things like sits & ground sits will be set for the wrong height. Also do not mix adult & kid anims in the same AO, unless you make a separate notecard for the Kids ones, which you name something other than default & you can then choose to "load" that one instead.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.