Land Advice`

Amber Renoir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to buy/rent a plot of land that needs to accompny about 2000 prims or more (roughly the size of a night club or small mall). It'll be used for RP and as a general hangout (No shops, where should i start and what should i expect my monthly expenses to be?

There are a couple of variations depending on things like if you are premium & buying mainland, if you are renting on a private sim, if you find a private rental that offers a prim bonus or even if you buy mainland on a double prim sim.

The cheapest tier would be $25 for a 4096sqm plot on double prim land, but the initial cost of buying the land would be higher, though double prim land does tend to keep its value so you would recover that if you ever sell it. Also would 4096sqm be big enough for your club and other things you want to do?

To buy on regular mainland, you could get the following, for a $40 per month tier level with all the land deeded to a group:

512 sqm  (Premium allowance) 

8192 sqm  ($40 pm Tier fee)      

960 sqm   (Group Bonus)   

--------------------------------------------

9664 sqm = 2213 Prims (Approx)

Finding 4096 double-primmed Mainland all in a chunk would be quite a coup.  It exists on Zindra, but for maturity ratings other than Adult, I'd be surprised if it's available at all.

That may have some relevance, actually:  If the roleplay is Adult and "public" (listed in search or otherwise promoted) it would need to be Adult-rated land, otherwise not.  Adult Mainland is generally quite a bit more expensive to acquire than is General or Moderate, although there's a wide selection of Adult land for sale on Zindra.

Estate land is a whole different arrangement.  Usually the "purchase price" is negligible but the monthly fees may be slightly higher than Mainland.  (It becomes quite a bit higher at full sim tier levels, but I think at the US$40/mo level there should be reasonably comparable space and prims either way.)

Because you're not going for a full sim, you won't get much of the special benefits of Estate ownership, other than (probably) a wider range of terraforming height/depth.

I agree about the availabilty of larger double prim plots. You can get a 4096 at Nautilus now & then, but the downside there is they are all 1024 blocks & even though you can get 4 in a square you can`t join them, which does have some practical downsides, such as 4 traffic scores.

I think the OP needs one of the options with larger sqm rather than the cheapest tier fee. If the 20 avatar limit wasn`t a problem, even renting a homestead could be an idea.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.