Unable to create requested object. Object is missing from database.

Rex Setzer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

thanks again for the reply... but that can't be it either...

this has even happened after a clean install of an operating system and new install of any viewer. and even on a machines that have never had a viewer install...

it occures on my windows laptop, my windows PC and my iMac.

This is clearly an issue with linden.

---\

thanks to whoever for the previous reply... (BTW, how stupid is it that i am not allowed to respond, to my own original post)

anyway...

As i stated i have tried every suggestion for this error that i could find, i have deleted the bridge, in both phoenix and firestorm, not a solution.

Also as i stated this error happens regardless of the viewer i use. in fact, it started with a linden viewer prior to the viewer 2, and continues in viewer 2, and phoenix and firestorm, this is NOT an error to do with any third party viewer.

Also as i stated, my avatar has zero clothing, has a linden shape, skin eyes, etc, no hair, no shoes , no attachments what so ever. when i log in i am naked & bald, i have even less on than the default avatar when i started. this god forsaken game.

3 answers to this question

Continuation of original question posted at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Unable-to-create-requested-object-Object-is-missing-from/qaq-p/1020129.  You can add to your post by clicking the Options link in its upper right corner and selecting Edit.

If you have deleted the Phoenix/Firestorm bridge and done the Character Test to rebuild your avatar and are still having problems, it sounds as if you actually have borked user data files on your hard drive.  Some data files related to avatar appearance and user preferences are shared among different viewers, so once they are contaminated they may cause similar problems in all of them.  It may be time to delete those files completely and do a clean re-installation of the viewer you use as your primary viewer.  See http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_clean_reinstall for instructions specific to Firestorm.  You should use a similar process for other viewers.  Starting with a clean slate should clear up your problem.

When it says object is missing from the data base it has been lost from the server that provides it from SL. This may have nothing to do with your PC. You need to contact SL support about this, sometimes they can recover these lost files but do not delay.

If everything is missing in inventory then check your connection. Inventories stored on your PC are refreshed periodically by SL the info. might not be getting through to your PC.

Good luck, you may need it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.