Over 4 yrs in SL,since a week, SL keeps crashing my PC after some minutes, HELP please?

Stefanie Crumb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I am over 4yrs in Second Life, and REALY LOVE it all!

I never experienced any difficulties, but, since a week, after being logged in some minutes, or sometimes even after only some seconds of being logged in, second life totaly crashes my PC...Seems all still works after I restart my PC, but, well...It keeps crashing my PC, how can this be?

Thanks for your help

SIncerily,

Stefanie

x

Thanks all for the help, I am using both viewer 1 and viewer 2, I have read somewhere about texture-crashers...;Could it be a certain prefab sculpt i found on second life Marketplace can cause the crashes as well?

5 answers to this question

If you are using the most recent update of LL's V2 viewer, try removing it completely from your computer anbd them replacing it with either an older version of V2 (available at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Release_Notes) or a third party viewer (available at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory).  If you install an older V2 version, disable the Automatic Uploads feature in Preferences >> Setup.

• Like 1

Yes, there are griefer scripts that can make you crash.  A texture crasher essentially feeds your viewer enough textures that it overloads your graphics card by trying to display them all. If you are in a region that is griefed by such a script, you can simply TP out (or sometimes turn off all particles with CTRL + Shift + Alt + = , which can work if the script is overloading you with particle textures).    If you suspect that you have such a script, the smart thing to do is delete it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.