How do I rent out shops and apartments?

AnthonyMann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have some shops that I would like to rent out. They are 10x10 and 10x15 and right next to each other, as a main street store front. Is there a way for me to rent out the proper floor space of each building, even though I can't make land parcels that size?

What about the second floor? Can I rent them out as an apartment over the shop? How do I go about doing this?

I have rental boxes and such, and that has been by parcel of land. Not sure how to do it any other way, but I've seen skyscrapers full of apartments.

thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

It is possible to do, but it will take a lot of work on your part.  You can create a group for all tenants in your parcel and then give each of them a prorated portion of the parcel's total prim allowance.  Because they are all in the same group, they'll end up having building rights in each other's shops or apartments, and there is no straightforward mechanism for enforcing the prim limits.  As the landlord, you may find yourself having to respond to complaints about who gets to build where.  You can get a script to keep track of how many prims each person in the parcel owns (or can hire a scripter to write one), and then you can decide how to deal with the information if it shows that someone is running over their allotment.  The bottom line is that you can't expect to be an absentee landlord.

• Like 1

There will be a rent box right click it click pay then pay the amount u need to

AnthonyMann wrote:

I have some shops that I would like to rent out. They are 10x10 and 10x15 and right next to each other, as a main street store front. Is there a way for me to rent out the proper floor space of each building, even though I can't make land parcels that size?

What about the second floor? Can I rent them out as an apartment over the shop? How do I go about doing this?

I have rental boxes and such, and that has been by parcel of land. Not sure how to do it any other way, but I've seen skyscrapers full of apartments.

thanks in advance

Noooooooooooo....... The OP in this incredibly old thread was the landlord. He doesn't want to find an apartment to rent. He's trying to rent out a mess of apartments and shops in the same building and keep the tenants straight. It's an interesting challenge, since the entire building is obviously on the same parcel. This is actually a pretty common problem, with some good answers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.