Land Drift ?? HELP!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if this is the right forum but thought I'd try here first. My home region seems to have experienced some Land drift, logged on today and started noticing places where the land level was a bit off. I first saw it in relation to some ground covering sculpties that I had, that were above ground on the edges. I thought they had been right before, but figured I had just messed up a bit. But as I started wandering (he he) across my land I found more spots, where either the land was higher or lower that it should be.

Has anyone had this happen before? And if so how to get things back the way they were before.? This has affected a number of areas in the 1/2 Sim that I have and I really would prefer not to have to run around tweaking the land again to fix them :-).

(This is mainland btw, NOT a private estate)

Oh that happens in RL too:

Continental drift is the movement of the Earth's continents relative to each other. The hypothesis that continents 'drift' was first put forward by Abraham Ortelius in 1596 and was fully developed by Alfred Wegener in 1912. However, it was not until the development of the theory of plate tectonics in the 1960s, that a sufficient geological explanation of that movement was found.

For more information : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_drift

A change on the other side of the sim can change the rounding of terrain hight, this is because terrain hight is made up of 2 numbers, a 256 step hieght number and a 0 to 256 multiplier that effects a 4 by 4 area and these mulipliers in turn get avveraged too.

in theory you could have 65536 steps between the center of the sim and the edges but it would look ugly and never the same twice, one step would be about 0.008 m if the land is no higher then 2 meter (18 meter under sea) and 2 meter if using the max land hight of 510 meter.

If you use the inworld tools the max landhight would be 255 meter not counting the terraform limits when you are on mainland.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.