Any one know why the delay in increased prim size?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK i understand mesh needs extra time on test sims on main grid, but why  hold back the increase in prim size till mesh is 100% mian grid,mesh is proveing to be limited and still needs  work on the details, 

the prim size thing should be a issue, there is many of us that can work on and redo current projects to reduce prim usagestart delayed projects, that have nothing to do with mesh.

Right now you cant take a mesh object from test sims and bring to other parts of sl, but you can with  prims sized bigger,so the only thing stopping us from useing them is some code being activated.

I don't understand why it wouldn't be easy to roll out larger prims first?  Wouldn't this actually be two separate projects since prim size would really have nothing to do with mesh, albeit mesh would require the larger prims?  I know other worlds similar to SL have not had the 10 x 10 x 10 m prim size limit for several years and last I checked many didn't even make use of sculpt maps. I wouldn't think prim size roll out would be dependent on mesh. If anything, larger prim size roll out would prepare the way for mesh.  

Mesh means nothing to me at this point other than it sounds like it will cost me more money if I wish to buy or use anything mesh related but being able to use the larger size prims does concern me.  They will (or should) have more flexibility than megprims and help make my creations less primmy.  More than likely since I can't make sculpts nor these meshes, I will become yet another Mom & Pop builder causalty. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.