Failed teleport only between two specific sims

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is a new one for me.  There are two sims that I frequent but can't teleport directly between them.  I can teleport if I go via an intermediate sim.  So that should rule out access list problems, maturity levels, scripted attachments, etc.  I've tried with another alt, same problem. That should rule out ghosting problems. 

I've downloaded FireStorm for the first time, so no previous settings in the Firestorm AppData directory (and it doesn't seem to use the SecondLife AppData directory the way Phoenix does).  Same problem.  So it's not some setting (unless there are shared settings between them that I don't know about), and it's not RLV, since I didn't turn that on in FireStorm.

I've tried turning off Norton Firewall (which I've had one for several years with no problem), rebooting, and trying again - no change.  So it doesn't seem to be a firewall problem.

I've tried from two different networks (it's a laptop), though both Comcast.  Same problem.

I've had other people try on different computers/network.  They don't see this problem.

The only clues I have are:

1. From sim A to sim B, I get "Could not teleport.  Sorry but the system was unable ... Please try again in a few minutes."  However, from B to A, I almost always get  "Problem encountered processing your teleport request.... You may need to log back in... check the Tech Support FAQ." 
  2. I can't get the map textures to show for sim B from any sim (including sim B itself).
  3. From sim A, I can't get the green dots on the map to update for sim B.  It will just show the green dots from the most recent time I mapped sim B from someplace else.  
  4. From sim B, I get the map textures and updated green dots for sim A with no problem.
  5. Both sims seem to be running the same server version.

Any suggestions? 

If you're getting it on more than one avi and others are not,my 1st thought is the cache, and that's really just a guess. But it does seem to point to your local PC settings somehow rather than a grid problem. Usually when that happens to me, an alt can make the trip no problem.

I just went to firestorm myself but I never did use phoenix, so I can't really say from experience if any of the data would have carried over.

I would suggest having Several friends try the same teleport route. If most or all of them can make the hop successfully then the difficulty may be with your computer, your connection speed, or some other ISP issue. If many of them, or or all of them are unable to make the same jump, then have everyone put in a bug report, as it is probably a connection issue between the Sim servers Involving server types, or the hardware or software connections.

Angel.

Weird things happen all the time.  Maybe just working around it would consume less time than trying to fix it?  It is probably just an issue of different server versions between the regions.  Those get updated all the time.  The ghosts you are chasing may vaporize before you can catch them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.