Stuck (can't walk, jump, run, etc.) in only one sim, everywhere else works fine

Kelly Brandes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a very, very odd problem...  the other night I was in a sim that had very high lag, and since then my avatar has been "stuck" while in that sim.  It's almost like, on that sim only, that I'm in a 1 m^3 invisible prim and can't get out.  I can be teleported on the sim by others where I am subject to the same problem where I land, and I can prim-sit wherever I'd like...  but when I stand up, I can't walk more than 1m in any direction.  Jumping is also restricted.  If teleported into the air, I do not fall more than 1 meter, I'm stuck suspended and not even flying.

I've tried different viewers, including the official viewer 2...  I've tried another computer, to no avail.  I've tried resetting my avatar to the test avatar so that I know it's nothing I'm wearing.

The estate owner has restarted the sim, but the behavior still remains.

No other sims do this to me, I can teleport at will and in other sims I can walk around just fine.

I've filed a support request, but I've heard horror stories about the time to respond.

Any clues in the meantime?

That sounds frustrating, but it could be worse.  If that's the only sim where you have the problem, you are like the guy who goes to the doctor and says "It hurts when I do this.  Now what?"  So the doctor says, "Easy.  Don't do that." <insert rim shot here>

Sorry... I couldn't resist. 

I suppose it's possible that you have teleported into a cage.  I did that myself not long ago.  It would explain at least some of what you're experiencing.

Have you enabled RLV, by any chance?  If so, that could give some scripts the ability to control or limit your movements.

Hi, here are some things you might try.

Zoom out with the mouse when and get to edit mode with Ctrl+3. Drag the mouse to make a box in the area around your avatar, this should reveal if there is some kind of invisible cage trapping you. Ctrl+Alt+T is buggy these days.

If you cannot find an invisible cage, there could be an object that has grabbed controls on your avatar. Advanced>Shortcuts>Release Keys will free it if that is the trouble.

I don't think it will make a difference, but just to rule out problems you could also ask someone with land rights to freeze your avatar, and see if you are freed up when the freeze expires.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.