If one wanted to create their own male dance partner.....

MariahWhispers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello dear, you do ask a lot :)

No worries, basically, just create a new person, make him your dream date, then you can have both accounts on at the same time by going to your Me > Preferences > Advanced > Allow Multiple Viewers

In this way, you can have many of you in world at the same time, just keep in mind that it will be a major drain on your system as each avatar will be demanding its own graphics.

Have fun dancing :D

It is really demanding for the computer, yes. But you can also try a lightweight SL client as Metabolt or Radegast.

This will not render any graphics, so it can be a bit tricky to use. What you do is log in your main, on your ordinary viewer,  and friend your alt.  Then log in your alt on Metabolt. You will get a message that you have a friends request, and accept it. Then you can teleport your main av to the dance place, and send your alt a teleport that the alt accepts. Now comes the tricky part, how do the alt sit on a poseball when he does not render SL? He can search for objects near by, and the poseballs will show up by name. Then he can select "Slowdance #4" and "Sit" on it. That's all! Hopefully he will be posed on the blue ball, hehe. If not, he will have to unsit, you sit first and so him. 

I played with this so I could take a pic of all my avatars inworld the same time, it was no way I could run so many full SL viewers at a time. Sometimes I had an idea of creating SL "Cartoons" but it takes more time than I have. I have not been on Metabolt in 2011, but it is still listed. Same is Radegast. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory 

4695851181_d0e68f3af7.jpg 

Since you will be in control of both avatars, you can introduce some drama into the experience by having them exchange a couple of insults in local chat.  For example:

You: I cannot believe that you said that to me!

Other You: Whaaaa???

You: We are THROUGH!!

You: /me slaps your face

Then You can storm out of the place and leave Other You to choose another partner who will no doubt give Other You some much needed attention.

That's really cool, Marianne, the idea of a cartoon. I have ideas for a graphic novel in mind, like a really dark animated series of myself (Charolotte) exploring some really cool places in Second Life.

I love the graphic novel idea because a lot of times my pictures look like some sort of comic book, but I don't read comic books so I really don't have anything to go by, but in bookstores I have perused through graphic novels and they seemed really cool.

Ok, I am officially rambling now, my second Life would look a lot like The Cure's video for The Crow I think. :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.