Bulk changes to Outfits

Poppy Zelnik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unfortunately not. The current implementation of outfits leave a lot to be desired, in my opinion.

The best way that I've found to update several outfits is to open 'My Outfits' in a second inventory window and drag the item I want from one window and dropping it on the individual outfits in the other.

- Luc -

Yes, cutting and pasting to all my outfits just to change hairstyle is an incredible pain. 

I only use the system outfit folder and tab to keep my naked avatars - shape, hair, skin, eyes, etc, along my basic attachments.  I have a couple of different naken avatars, with different hair, makeup, attachments. 

Then I have my own clothes organized into "#outfit"s, each in thier own folder.  Each #outfit has clothing, shoes, jewelry, perhaps the odd attachement, and is worn over the base avatar.  To get dressed,  I choose an #oufit folder in inventory, and "add to current outfit".  To change #outfits, I select the #outfit folder in inventory and "remove from current outfit", then "add to current outfit" a different #outfit.  A nice thing about this approach is that I can organized my #outfits into folders and subfolders, unlike the intrinsicly "flat" system folder.

The default system outfit approach is great if you are new, and have only 5 or 10 different outfits.  It fails badly if you have 100.

I do it like Rhys.  I have a Nude Avatar outfit that includes everything I always wear.  My clothing outfits contain only the things I want to add to it.  I do have to delete the skin, shape, eyes, and bald head from the clothing outfits, but that's pretty easy using filters.  When I want to change, e.g., a tattoo, I only have to change it once, in the Nude Avatar outfit.

• Like 1

I created an outfit I titled "1" so it shows up at the top of the outfits tab. I update this outfit with my latest look i.e. hair, eyes, physics and so on. When I put on an outfit that has outdated hair or whatever I open Outfit 1 and replace the missing parts then I just save the changes I have made to the outfit. This is easy because the parts that need to be replaced are not highlighted so they are easy to spot. It only takes me about 30 second to update an old outfit this way. I am slowing updating all my old outfits as i use then using this method. ;)

You could do it even faster if you first wore the clothing outfit and then wore the 1 outfit, which would result in each item in the 1 outfit displacing the same item in the outfit you were already wearing without affecting the others.  In fact, if you did that routinely, there would be no point in updating the clothing outfits.

Thinking about this, perhaps there is no reasomn for me to delete the body parts from my clothing outfits, except that i will eventually have hundreds, and deleting them will significantly decrease inventory size.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.