I have problems with the new SL and Firestorm Viewer....

devilgyrl Denver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hello everyone,

everytime I use the new SL Viewer or Firestorm I can't see the color from my land.

I see everything right on the land or elsewhere....only when I;m on my land I don;t see

the color from my ground or the Mountains, it looks grey.........I tried everything with a friend of mine and now I dont know what else

I can do....I even send a report to SL direct but they did nothing...not even answer me........

When I use the old SL Viewer and the Phoenix Viewer it looks fine...so what is wrong with the others?????

I hope someone can help me.....

thanks devilgyrl

6 answers to this question

It's hard to pin down a cause for this behavior.  There's a meta-issue in the JIRA (https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-24191) that has been collecting versions of it for years.

Try doing either one or both of the following things and see if they work.

1.  Open Preferences (CTRL + P) >> Graphics >> Hardware Settings and UNcheck the box that says Enable VBO.

2. Open your Develop menu (CTRL + Alt + Q)  and UNcheck HTTP Textures.

Log out and log back in again.

This settings usually speed up texture loading and improve quality with newer computers but can have the reverse effect with older machines, especially those with ATI graphics cards.  You may see a difference, or maybe no change at all.  It's worth a try.

• Like 2

Hi,

that is excactly what I did and nothing happend....I still have the same .....my ground and Mountains looking grey and all the others sims I can see perfectly....

I thought maybe it could be a texture issue so I ask the sim owner and he only said ok I can reboot the sim...but after that it looks the same...so I told him he should look in the textures but he said it is a SL issue....it really bothers me so much........

I agree. It IS a bother. The most recent upgrade to the servers on the main grid has had some interesting bugs. We've seen reports of people having various textures turn gray or black. Your problem may be another one of those. If that's the case, there's not much you can do except wait for the next server upgrade and hope that LL resolves it. I'm sorry the VBO and HTTP textures didn't help. As I said, it was worth a shot.

thank you for your help ....and it is not good to know that SL is not enable to resolve such problem...and the thing is I dont know when the Phoenix Viewer is out.

Maybe I should send another report to the Technical Support and maybe they would answer me now.....

again thank you so much

devilgyrl

It may just be that computer could cope with V1 but is not up to scratch for V2.

If you go to the help menu in your viewer and to About Secondlife or About Phoenix or whatever & copy paste the info in the window that opens, it will be easier to advise you whether or not it is a computer problem.

Thank you this post i use and its correct. Now I can see the colors very well, but meshes them I upload from blender, to come to SL and edit it, it cannot be of mesh to prim, do not see the option of Prim, only convex and zero.

I thank you if you help me in this case

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.