Can't put shoes on my avatar, help?

MariahWhispers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

O.K. I set my feet to 0 as someone told me to.  So I purchased shoes and tried to put them on and it said they were send to my lost and found. 

This morning I attempt to put shoes on my avatar again and it says multiple items cannot be added to the same area.  But there are no shoes on her and it won't let me put them on her.

Someone tell me what to do please.

By the way while I am asking, how does one clear their cache?

This is is very strange indeed. Even if you had shoes on, "Wear" should replace the shoes worn with the ones you try to wear from your inventory.

Can you wear other things? Change clothes?  Have you tried to teleport to a different place? Maybe the region you are in, have massive lag and all sort of bugs.

• 7 months later...

Have the same problem here, stuck with one pair of nasty standard creps and nothing will replace them even though it indicates they have changed, the visual does not, basically whatever shoes I try I still have the same crappy ones on my avatar.

CraigArroyo wrote:

Have the same problem here, stuck with one pair of nasty standard creps and nothing will replace them even though it indicates they have changed, the visual does not, basically whatever shoes I try I still have the same crappy ones on my avatar.

I had similar problem recently. One necklace always came on when I logged in in spite of that I had removed it before logging on. I finally got rid of it doing the following:

1. I detached everything, clothes, prim attachments, then logged off and cleared the cache folder manually using Windows explorer.

2. I logged in (the necklace still came on). I let the inventory load fully.

3. Again I detached everything (well this time I had only the necklace on to be detached)

4. I cleared the cache again, this time using the viewer's cache clearing function.

5. I logged off and then I logged back in. Woot, the necklace didn't come on anymore!

6. I let the inventory load fully. Then I put clothes and some prim attachments on.

7. As a final test I logged off and back in to check was everything ok. Everything was ok, the nasty necklace finally didn't come on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.