A pot of what?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is weird that nobody really questioned this service when it was active. Yes LL used Wishpot for wish lists all along, yes they were visible through the Wishpot front end for months and months, yes it was dropped with the transition to Marketplace, yes LL sends mass mail through ClickAction/Yesmail (p0.com), exactly like the recent profile interests mail and the Sandbox newsletter.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

But you said "did use." This email looks like they are still using it to me and what is up with resetting the password, aren't they Linden Lab don't they know it already?

Hi, they never shut it off until now, but they stopped linking it when they switched to the marketplace. It is still a valid LL service until the end of July, just a deprecated one.

The reason for a password reset is that as LL drops this service, wishlist.secondlife.com will go away, and the legacy Xstreet Wishpot accounts will no longer be tied to the LL login system like they are now. The new passwords are only needed by people who want to keep old SL wishlists active, so that they can log in through Wishpot's login servers. (LL did not give them our old passwords so they need to create new ones.)

Anytime someone ask you to reset your password, you will more than likely go to a hashed URL or a deceptive url ( secondlife.phishingsite.com ) or something.

At no time should you ever, ever respond to any email that ask you to reset your password by direct link.  Always reset passwords by going directly to the site and not through an email link.

When I see these (and I see a lot being in the internet business) then I get more concerned as how they knew you where in SL.  I get them from WoW too and wonder how they know.  Clearly tracking cookies looking at what websites you go to.  Make sure your spyware is current and run it often to look for malicious sypware.

It is time to worry when a site asks for an old password or tries to send you to the old site, those do not happen here..

The redirect is from link.secondlife.com and the page it directs to asks only for an email address. If one for an active account is suppled, a second email message clearly identified as from Wishpot is sent. The Wishpot password is only reset if the second email requested by the user is confirmed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.