Just like a bank, fees, fees, fees

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

By far, the best selling products are clothing and it seems if you are not in fashion, you are only going to get about 10% of the traffic interested in the first place. 

It's a tough one to say as each product is different but in the end, yes, they can be a very costly way to not get sales unless you make hair, skins, shoes or clothing.  It's almost as if they need two sites, one for Fashion and one for everything else.

I believe this is the situation for homepage listing enhancements. When you watch those items scroll by it is the clothing, shoes, skins, hair etc that grab your attention. You see something attractive and you're tempted to click on it. In this way homepage listing enhancements work for window shoppers and impulse buyers - which suits fashion accessories. 

For most other items, customers need to be in the market for that particular item, and then they would generally go straight to search....not sit there watching the homepage enhancements scroll by. People don't usually impulse buy items like boats, houses, animations, textures etc. They come to the marketplace specifically for these. Category listing enhancements would probably work better for these items.

I often sit and go through the enhanced items on homepage, and I very rarely buy clothes, I agree clothing lends itself better to the impulse buyer, but its certainly not the only thing that can be effectively promoted through this means. Generally I run about 10 or so homepage enhancements, they all pay for themselves several times over and none of them are clothing related. 

Obviously it varies on the product, but I am in a number of categories, and I find that mostly people don't drill down, so category landing pages haven't been great for me, home page works best whatever the product, and the checkout receipt page has also given good results for the money. 

Price is also a factor, I rarely enhance anything that costs less than L$500, because you have to make a lot of sales to get your money back. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.