Build mode - prim count problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

workaround script. Make a new script in your inventory, paste this into it. Then when you drag this onto an object, you can get it's primcount.

default{    state_entry()    {        llSay(0, "[Prim Count: " + (string)llGetNumberOfPrims() + "]");        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());    }}

slight improvement...

default{ //-- create me in inventory before dropping into any object	state_entry(){		llOwnerSay( llGetObjectName() + " (Prim Count): " +		           (string)(llGetObjectPrimCount( llGetKey() ) +                                    !!llGetAttached * llGetNumberOfPrims()) );		llRemoveInventory( llGetScriptName() );	}}

works even if someone is seated on object, or object is attached.

I have the exact same problem. It's very inconveniant, especially when you build. The scripts both work so while building they are a great alternative, but it remains a pitty they only work on your own objects, not others. Still thank you both for sharing the scripts!

I don't intent to wait for a new version and hope they fixed the bug by then, does anyone know how I can downgrade SL to an earlier version? I had to remove al versions of my computer before, because I was dealing with an other SL software problem. So I only have version 2.7.4.

Thanks, Yola

Update: 

Good to know they are aware of the problem and fixing it: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/STORM-1393

if you know the file name for the previous version you might be able to get it by following the same link and replacing the current version file name. if you saved the installer you can always uninstall the current version and rereun the older installer.

otherwise your only options are if someone else has a copy of it, and if you trust them.

this is exactly why I save all my software installers... you never know when you'll need an older version. unfortunately I don't keep up to date on V2 (since I almost never use it), so my last version is several steps back.

--||-

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.