New viewer with Classic GUI?

Steve Atlanta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

I haven't heard of a new official LL viewer with the old style interface (would be nice) but Phoenix just released a new beta for FIRESTORM which melds Version 1 and 2 together. On the website it tells you some options you can use to make the FIRESTORM viewer look more like the older 1.x viewers. Not sure if this is what you heard about or not.

Read more here:  http://www.phoenixviewer.com/

What i always have understood is that Philip himself never has been too joyful about the viewer2. Of course he never said this directly however it could be well understood between the lines. A very good signal is also if Torley is visible on the internet about SLor not. And he isn´t lately at all. I know that he isn´t really happy with it, but you know... the Anglo-Saxon way is to avoid or go around the subject rather than talking about it in a straight manner LOL. 

In one of his speeches last year Philip stated that viewer 1.23.5 would stay supported as long as 2 isn´tup t to the level of satisfactory for the majority. And, what i see happening is that some features in 2 have returned like clearing cache, a floating profile et cetera. The program code of 2 is also so full with bugs that it goes from showstopper to showstopper with each iteration. 

Moreover, 2 never brought a new hay day for SL, little by little the trend is down concerning new users.

And still today i can login with 1.23.5 and Pheonix is also based on that code.  It is very well possible that LL will finally see their weird direct with 2.

We'll see, however i do have my thoughts... and the return of th old lay out seems very plausible to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.