Can any one make a custom avatar skin ?

MissJessi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking to have a custom avatar skin made if at all possible. I want it to have tattoos on it so when I change my out fit and my makeup they don't come off. My makeup takes up and tattoo slot  so I am stuck with the tattoos that take up cloths slots but changing out fits all the time they come off. I want to get it to where I don't have to think about this problem any more.  Plz if you think you can help message me. Here, In game or email me @ crazygil15@yahoo.com

If you use Viewer 2, Firestorm, or other V2-based third party viewers, you can wear multiple tattoos on the tattoo layer, and not take up any clothing layers.  Also that way, when you change your skin, your tattoos remain.  With a custom skin, you'd need the tatts painted on *each* skin variation.

However, note that other people who are using earlier viewers will only see the FIRST tattoo in you "tattoo stack".

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

Lindal Kidd wrote:

However, note that other people who are using earlier viewers will only see the FIRST tattoo in you "tattoo stack".

That's good to know.

Where good is spelled "f r u s t r a t i n g". Honestly,  I can't see the point of multiple tattoo layers if 3/4 of the grid can't see them and you end up looking like some sort of alien with bald head and a ponytail unless your hairbase is always first in the stack.

Good thing I decided not to use the tattoo layer version of my bikinis too, now that I think of it.

I actually had my skin custom designed for partly this same purpose - to never have to use a layer of any sort for my tattoos again. Turns out that's the one thing my designer was less than 100% sure she could pull off well, so I pulled that request off the table.

Perhaps you smarter people will teach me.  First, I didn't know that the hair base was in the tattoo layer, and, till now, assumed that it wasn't because we have had hair bases for years and the tattoo layer is new, and because they don't seem to interact.  Also, I thought that my viewer baked the avatar, putting all of the layers on and making some cover others, and that what other viewers received was a baked avatar, and that they didn't know what layers had been used to create what they saw.  I do remember that I could make myself transparent using the alpha layer, and viewers that did not have the alpha layer saw me as transparent, which is consistent with how I understood it worked.

The reason I thought it was good to know is that there are some tattoos that I usually were that are more important to be seen than others.

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

Perhaps you smarter people will teach me.  First, I didn't know that the hair base was in the tattoo layer, and, till now, assumed that it wasn't because we have had hair bases for years and the tattoo layer is new, and because they don't seem to interact.  Also, I thought that my viewer baked the avatar, putting all of the layers on and making some cover others, and that what other viewers received was a baked avatar, and that they didn't know what layers had been used to create what they saw.  I do remember that I could make myself transparent using the alpha layer, and viewers that did not have the alpha layer saw me as transparent, which is consistent with how I understood it worked.

The reason I thought it was good to know is that there are some tattoos that I usually were that are more important to be seen than others.

I agree that all tattoo layers were not created equal!

Given a choice, I would rather I had a full head of hair than well defined cleavage, a full body tattoo, nice eyelashes and eye shadow, or perfect lipstick, so I always put any hairbase on via "wear" and any other tattoos via "Add". I haven't seen "dear God what is that THING" pop up in any chat bubbles yet with those funny white dots pointing from someone's hand to my forehead so I'm thinking it's got to be working... :matte-motes-whistle:

You may very well be able to buy hairbases that go on other layers. I've just been using the tattoo layers for it because it's essential and I don't want to have to fiddle with things to compromise. I always have my nose piercing in, earrings, and usually have some sort of glasses on, so space on the head slots is limited. Then my hats make it even worse.

People can't tell which items are on tattoo layers versus clothing layers I don't think. At least not from a simple once over. The layers do stack however and so it is important for compatibility to make sure the most important tattoo item is the one left standing at the end of whatever happens. The order can be modified as well from within the interface.

It's a huge annoyance working so hard on a look for my avie only to be reminded with a pang that I might not look the way I do to myself, to anybody else in SL, and I will have no way of knowing whether I do or don't to anybody I meet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.