estate been reclaimed

Kayliegh Lykin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So this isnt just a question but more of a fair warning to those out there in sl,

I had a sim through Omega Group Properties

well all hunky dory paid my tiers last week 32,000 a week and i log into today to go to my store and bam! "NO PARCEL" and i was tp's off to a safe adult hub and i was like ohhh ffs .. thinking it was a restart or soemthing but then i got my whole page filled with "items returned"

Turns out this man was leasing selling off land he had rented from another group yet i had been there for well over a year and had no clue of this and they had reclaimed the land as he hadnt paid them their tiers.

OMG was a joke not only had he ripped me off but many other people who rented sims from him.

so i urge you all be aware of him do not rent from him LL will not do anything you will loose big monies and be left on a safe hub side walk with your bags packed, he even did over his own team members who rented land from him and they were left in the lurch with threatening messages and to try to pick up any pieces.

Read your covenant! check who is the "owner" do go through any middle men.

2 answers to this question

I suggest that you remove the name of the person you are complaining about as it is against Community Standards to name them in the forum.

This is an example of a resident-to-resident dispute and LL will not get involved.  It is unfortunate you had this experience.

There are many reputable estate managers/owners from whom you can rent.  You can also purchase mainland land and pay tier directly to LL.  Your land, in that case, would never be pulled out from under you as long as you continued making tier payments.

Good luck.

• Like 2

I do sympathize with you.  Whether I agree or not, however, the standards for this forum say, "If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life. "

If you feel that a violation of LL's Terms of Service has taken place, your best option is to file a well-documented Abuse Report (Help >> Report Abuse from your in-world viewer menu). LL will acknowledge receipt of your report but cannot tell you about the progress or outcome of their investigation without breaking confidentiality.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.