Thumbnail viewer

Skippy Burger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

What you want is called a texture organizer.  You will find many advertized in Marketplace (some at rather hefty prices).  Many of the major texture merchants in world also offer free texture organizers that are popular with designers.  They are also a popular project for beginning scripters.

Thumb nail viewers can be handy but most images will just make you curious as in, "what the hack is that?" since they are so tiny, so you still have to open it to see what it is and usually wind up saying, "oooh yeeah!". I deal with this all the time on my web server and I find it faster to find images based on their name. Name your pictures well.

So if you are right clicking and selecting open to open each picture yes this can be tedious. Instead just double click a picture to open it, this is faster and you can open many many pictures in a few seconds this way.  The trouble then is waiting for the pictures to load however with many picture open all you have to do is click the top band of the picture in the back that you opened first, by the time you view a couple pictures this way all the the rest of them will be loaded and viewable. Picture organizes have this loading trouble that can not be avoided, you have to wait for each picture to load as your click through the organizer, ugh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.