using ultra level Graphic (2)

sonata1986

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi all

sorry to add my  same question again   because i canot replay in the old :

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/using-ultra-level-Graphic/qaq-p/961705

I have hight conection DSL 2MB Alone .
my mather board (Gigabyte GA-MA78G-UD3H)
 has vega card type (ATI Radeon HD 3200):

_low & mid graphic level work with me so execellent
_ hight graphic level work Ability 80 %
_ ultra graphic level work    incised & Confused .

here is Vega Cards Avaible to me to updrage  :
ATI :
GIGABYTE HD 5670 1GB DDR5 
GIGABYTE HD 4670 1GB DDR3 
GIGABYTE HD 4650 1GB DDR2 
GIGABYTE HD 4550 1GB DDR3 

if i buy Vega Type DDR3 ram type , will it work will with my memory  DDR2 ? without Conflict ?
also  any oneof this type  can run Ultra graphic level  to work so execellent ?

4 answers to this question

The video card memory (VRAM) is separate from your system memory (RAM).  As long as your motherboard supports the card it will support the VRAM the card uses.  Without comparing prices I'm thinking the HD 4670 with 1 gig DDR3 is the best bang for you buck (I'm judging using the same model numbering system nVidia uses..........I know ATI uses a very similar numbering system).  The 5670 is a higher series (more recent release) than the 4670 but the performance is not going to be that much better over the 4670.  The DDR5 VRAM is faster............but DDR3 is pretty fast too.  For SL it's way over kill (even the DDR3 VRAM).  A 4670 card should give you several good years before needing replacement...........you'll probably wind up replacing "just because" (at least that's what happens with me :) )

I would buy the best card you could afford if you intend to keep (or keep upgrading ) your system for awhile. I have a HD 6900 with 2 gigs on the card itself and it is a beauty. But before I got this new system I upgraded my card twice on my old one. One VERY IMPORTANT thing when upgrading is to make sure you power supply will run the new card. Sometimes it is difficult to figure out how big your power supply is, but if some of the cards you are looking at need 450 and you have 300 (or any other number scenario) then that answers part of your question.

So check the card specs and your computer specs and find a good match.

By the way, ATI cards have issues with shadows if that is part of the ultra experience you want, so looking at NVIDIA might be good too.

Good luck shopping.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.