After updating FS to the new PBR, my framerates have dropped into single digits, even with my graphics set to potato. My partner, who has an identical machine, scoots along at 30+. Anyone have any ideas why?

Charalyne Blackwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 96 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

You might want to delete some data and cache related to FS with your account.

Delete your cache in Firestorm, close it, then go to:
C:\Users\YourAcct\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64. Look for your account folder and delete that. Reenter the account next time FS is used, that should fix your issue.

HTH :)

• Thanks 1

A clean install would do what Jerom suggests, but isn't necessary. Just clear cache and delete the specific folder she mentions, the folder in the \\\\Firestorm_x64 directory named Charalyne Blackwood.

You will need to enter user name and password when you next open the viewer and log in, and you'll need to wait a little while your cache repopulates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Weeeel I went to a club. With my graphics set to Cro-Magnon I was the only one moving at all :( It would be nice if LL would be a little more informative about system requirements. My card does OpenGL 4.6 but clearly no longer supports SL properly. Meanwhile my partner's machine was running circles around mine.

Edited by Charalyne Blackwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 96 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.