Marketplace delivery problems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! Recently I have a lot of problems with delivery in Marketplace. When my customer buys the item first its "Being Delivered" for quite a long time and after follow "Delivery Partially Failed". This does not happened with every item but with many of them. What should I do?

Thanks for help. 

Isabel, what you describe is normal behaviour for the Marketplace.

It has been decreed that "up to 8 hours delivery" is quite acceptable for an electronic product.  Personally, I disagree, a matter of minutes would be more appropriate.  Anyway, if the item doesn't deliver in that time, the MP will refund the customer and you lose the business.

It is intensely frustrating to have to wait 8 hours for a refund if you're a purchaser, equally as a merchant to tell customers that they need to wait for 8 hours.  If they log out and their IM's get capped and MP eventually delivers 7.99 hours later, they won't receive their item.

Anyway, what can you do about it?  Wait for direct delivery.

I remain unconvinced that the problem is "communications with the magic box".  At least the problem isn't communication with my magic box when someone buys from me and it fails, therefore the problem must be with the back end failing to communicate with my magic box because of the back end part.

Adding lots of redundant magic boxes as is often suggested would make sense if the region where the magic box was located was laggy or could not be contacted but then why do these failures occur when the region is online and not laggy?  Without knowing how the communications is implemented, I remain sceptical.  Anyway, Direct Delivery is coming...

It's absolutely not a magic box problem.

OTOH, if Linden Kool Aid Junkies get you convinced that it is a magic box problem, go ahead and put every item into a separare box owned by a separate alt on a sepatarate sim and see if the problem goes away.

I'll bet you a dollar that it will not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.