I still have missing parts of inventory, and I have given the standard canned answers several trys

gavin Byron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Assuming  someone who answers this question  reads the other questions before  assuming  I have  just started on this problem  read other postings 

giving canned  answers  isnt helping   I have done  clear cache  as  cinn  said  didnt help

I have done what  peggy suggested   several times   didnt help

so dont assume  I new to this rodeo  and  stupid

get creative  think people

you are not helping

5 answers to this question

I don't know why I'm going to try one more time, but I will.

Launch your viewer but don't log in.  In your preferences go to the tab where you clear your cache.  You'll see a cache location box.  Copy that location down ( a scratch pad, memorize, or copy/paste to notepad.....it doesn't matter).  Close the viewer.  Navigate to that location on your computer and delete everything in the final folder that path took you to.  Shut down your computer (not restart).  Go to your modem and/or router and unplug them from their electrical source and wait for 3 to 5 minuties then plug them back in.  When the lights on the devices settle to their normal blinking routine boot your computer back up.  Try SL again.

Just a note..........if you use more than one viewer, do that it each and every viewer you have installed on your computer before you shut down and reset the router and modem.

• Like 1

And it certainly isn't helping to snipe at volunteers who have handed you the solutions that virtually always work.  We are residents like you, just more experienced and patient. If you don't want our help, try contacting Live Chat.

One more comment on my part before I leave this thread entirely.  If none of the suggestions Rolig and I have offered works then there's nothing more we, as residents of SL, can do to help.  The rest of the problems that could be the cause are problems only Linden Lab can solve for you (like I said that is a very rare occassion, but it does happen).  I can think of one issue that might be a cause but we cannot help you at all. 

If those textures or items you are missing happen to be items that were reported as copied or stolen and a DMCA take down order was properly submitted to LL then LL is required by law to remove those items from the data base.  That does not mean I'm saying you copied or stole anything.........you could be an innocent party caught up in someone else's mess.  I think LL notifies everyone when that takes place but I'm not sure..........I've never had anything removed from my inventory so I can't say for sure.  A support ticket is the only option left, as Rolig said.

Be nice to us and we'll be nice back............and as helpful as possible too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.