Good LL YouTube videos

Most of the noobs I have come upon either have been referred to SL by someone they know or they saw a video on it. Also, most try to do their own av because they saw a YouTube video with how to create an avatar. LL really needs to invest more in good YouTube-- as usual, third parties do the best ones.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charlemagne Allen said:

LL really needs to invest more in good YouTube-- as usual, third parties do the best ones.

Wait, what's wrong with that? Most of the better third-party videos are hosted on the Second Life YouTube account anyway. 

They could stand to add more content creation and decorating videos, though. I've seen some decent ones here and there, but they can be a pain to find.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charlemagne Allen said:

Most of the noobs I have come upon either have been referred to SL by someone they know or they saw a video on it. Also, most try to do their own av because they saw a YouTube video with how to create an avatar. LL really needs to invest more in good YouTube-- as usual, third parties do the best ones.

You might want to research what videos the Lab has made.

A simple search on Second Life at YouTube brings up recent and popular related videos. Those are  mostly third-part videos. Selecting the Second Life 'channel' gets you the auto-generated collection of related videos. Again mostly third-party made.

It isn't until you find the Linden owned Second Life channel that you can see the stuff the Lab is making. It isn't surprising that the Lab averages about a video a month. Which means the user created videos WAY out pace what the Lab is doing. So, people are most likely to see third-party videos no matter what the Lab does.

In the Lab's channel there is an amazing collection of videos. These are a mix of Lab created and Lab selected third-party videos. All of the ones I looked at today are well made and well referenced to the actual SL locations.

What 'more' is it you think the Lab could invest in?

• Like 1