Can you hire someone to make a breedable for you

WickedLunaMoon

Question

8 answers to this question

If you want to hire anyone to do something for you, post in the InWorld Employment forum and see what happens. There is no way to predict what the job may cost. In most cases, it's a matter of negotiation between the buyer and the seller, so there a bit of research and trust involved on both sides. Especially if you want something complicated and unique, try to find out what the seller has done before. See if you can look at samples of the work, maybe talk to previous clients. Be prepared to be asked for partial payment up front, as security that you won't be wasting the other person's time and talents on something that you might refuse in the end. And be prepared to give and to ask for details of what's expected, so that you and the seller have a realistic feel for quality and cost.

Edited by Rolig Loon

7 hours ago, WickedLunaMoon said:

I would love to have a breedable of my own idea, but since im no good at building or scripting.

I just wanted to know if you can hire someone to do that for you. And if it will cost a lot if some say yes

/Lunamoon

It won't be cheap. That is a lot of work.

3 hours ago, Modulated said:

It won't be cheap. That is a lot of work.

Right.  I should have said that earlier myself.  I spent a long time scripting a breedable for a client about 10 years ago, didn't get paid anywhere near as much as I should have charged (yes, I WAY underestimated the challenge when  I accepted the job), and would never agree to do it again.  Live and learn.

• Like 1

It all depends on how complicated the breedable is. As far as I know, the client was still tinkering with the one I worked on when he left SL several years ago, and I never saw it marketed. Many things that made it difficult then have changed (and some have become more complicated). These days, for example, animation and rideability features would be routine stuff with animesh but still a bit of work. A breedable system  off the shelf might be enough to make a basic model, but that's not a market I'm familiar with now.