I need help with a rotation script, poses and a prim, please share ideas

I was brain storming a new video to do here in second life and ran into a snag, is this even possible?

I created a prim and put a rotation script into it

I bought a couples pose, the pose is from secret poses, it contains a few single poses and a pose stand, singles are no transfer

I can get into the pose stand and copy those into the prim, the problem is the prim and scripts are not allowing me to add my second avatar as it says there is no place to sit

so is it possible to create this idea or because no transfer and modify are on them am I now stuck with this idea not working?

the reason is because I wanted to try a new technique with the camera and a spinning object but wanted to use 2 avatars for this, thanks for any help 

25 minutes ago, xXSuicidalIdolXx Candycane said:

it says there is no place to sit

The 'correct' solution is to add extra prims to your object, one for each person who is going to sit on it, and then use llLinkSitTarget() to set a sit target for each of the prims, for example:

{   state_entry()
   {  // optionally prevent avatars from sitting on the root prim rather than designated seats:
      llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(1,[SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY,TRUE]);

llLinkSitTarget(2, <0,0,0.1>, ZERO_ROTATION);
      llLinkSitTarget(3, <0,0,0.1>, ZERO_ROTATION);
      // if more sit target prims, repeat similarly. . . 
   }
}

then, when sitting on the link, avatars will sit with an orientation and position determined by the rotation and position of the new prims. editing the prims while an avatar is seated on it will NOT adjust the seated avatar, to make adjustments with this method, the avatar has to stand up and sit back down after any change.

--

A less correct solution would be to make sure you are 'outside' (not within the convex hull of some mesh or prim) and make your single prim something relatively large that 'looks like' it has room for more than one person to sit on. Sitting without designated sit-targets is possible, but IMO rather fiddly.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

The 'correct' solution is to add extra prims to your object, one for each person who is going to sit on it, and then use llLinkSitTarget() to set a sit target for each of the prims, for example:

{   state_entry()
   {  // optionally prevent avatars from sitting on the root prim rather than designated seats:
      llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(1,[SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY,TRUE]);

llLinkSitTarget(2, <0,0,0.1>, ZERO_ROTATION);
      llLinkSitTarget(3, <0,0,0.1>, ZERO_ROTATION);
      // if more sit target prims, repeat similarly. . . 
   }
}

then, when sitting on the link, avatars will sit with an orientation and position determined by the rotation and position of the new prims. editing the prims while an avatar is seated on it will NOT adjust the seated avatar, to make adjustments with this method, the avatar has to stand up and sit back down after any change.

--

A less correct solution would be to make sure you are 'outside' (not within the convex hull of some mesh or prim) and make your single prim something relatively large that 'looks like' it has room for more than one person to sit on. Sitting without designated sit-targets is possible, but IMO rather fiddly.

I'm always up to learning and this is pushing what I know so far, actually I know some scripting but this.. so let me see, what your saying from my understanding I need to somewhere in a script include the link sit target? so if I have 1 prim I need to make another which would make 2, expect you like those together then you add the sit targets and adjust from there? sorry just a bit confused but up for the challenge.

this truly sucks, unless im missing something.. but I followed was written above and it allowed me to sit 2 avatars until, I added the new poses into the mix, it must be something the creator has put int the no mod scripts because it keeps saying [20:03:04] Object: Sorry xUnknownDesiresx, there is no room for you to sit here. but once the poses are removed it allowes it and nothing stops me, bummer

It shouldn't be impossible to do what you're looking for, or even particularly difficult, but yeah, there's really no telling what no-mod scripts might be doing. you'd probably need/want something written from scratch.

25 minutes ago, xXSuicidalIdolXx Candycane said:

so if I have 1 prim I need to make another which would make 2, expect you like those together then you add the sit targets and adjust from there? sorry just a bit confused but up for the challenge.

I would actually recommend 3 prims, the first or "root" prim defines the center of rotation for llTargetOmega(). if an avatar sits on the root prim while it's spinning and the sit-target doesn't have a large offset, they will spin in place like a balerina, which doesn't sound like what you want. You can of course set a different offset in the script, but for things like this, I usually find it's easier to change the position and rotation of a prim than to get your head around the numbers in the script.

• Thanks 1

Hmm. I think we may need to understand what's supposed to be spinning here, with "a new technique with the camera and a spinning object." But I'm also unsure what this couples pose product consists of, with a pose stand containing a few single poses. Unless that "pose stand" was really a multi-sitter for both avatars in the couple, I'm inclined to agree that whatever scripts are inside, they won't be useful for setting up your pose(s). If it were me, I'd probably just start with AVsitter because it's in wide use, free/open source, and has tools for moving  around posed avatars, saving configurations, etc. It's not magic or anything and one could certainly work with scripts from scratch, too.

But however you get these avatars posed together, there's something that's supposed to be set spinning, and I'm not sure if that's the cam spinning around the avatars or the avatars spinning around with the cam watching, or the cam and the avatars spinning around with the world whizzing by behind them, or something else entirely. However that's supposed to work is going to determine what gets linked to what, with what as root, and where that rotation script belongs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Hmm. I think we may need to understand what's supposed to be spinning here, with "a new technique with the camera and a spinning object." But I'm also unsure what this couples pose product consists of, with a pose stand containing a few single poses. Unless that "pose stand" was really a multi-sitter for both avatars in the couple, I'm inclined to agree that whatever scripts are inside, they won't be useful for setting up your pose(s). If it were me, I'd probably just start with AVsitter because it's in wide use, free/open source, and has tools for moving  around posed avatars, saving configurations, etc. It's not magic or anything and one could certainly work with scripts from scratch, too.

But however you get these avatars posed together, there's something that's supposed to be set spinning, and I'm not sure if that's the cam spinning around the avatars or the avatars spinning around with the cam watching, or the cam and the avatars spinning around with the world whizzing by behind them, or something else entirely. However that's supposed to work is going to determine what gets linked to what, with what as root, and where that rotation script belongs.

21 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

It shouldn't be impossible to do what you're looking for, or even particularly difficult, but yeah, there's really no telling what no-mod scripts might be doing. you'd probably need/want something written from scratch.

I would actually recommend 3 prims, the first or "root" prim defines the center of rotation for llTargetOmega(). if an avatar sits on the root prim while it's spinning and the sit-target doesn't have a large offset, they will spin in place like a balerina, which doesn't sound like what you want. You can of course set a different offset in the script, but for things like this, I usually find it's easier to change the position and rotation of a prim than to get your head around the numbers in the script.

it has come to my attention that either the way I explained is coming across as confusing or its something that just cant be done, regardless second life is my place to tinker, this is how I have learned the past couple years, if it does not exist you build it and figure it out, I have closely read both replies and for that I have caputered some video as to what is going on in hopes of clearing the confusion as to what I'm trying to do, its only 4 minutes and would love more feedback and help on this, thanks for the replies Qie and Quistess

12 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

the main goal I'm trying to do here is get both of my avatars in a pose, while in that pose they rotate around, they spin clockwise and the camera is to spin counter clockwise, because of the no mod issue I can't just put the rotate script in the pose stand, so I went ahead and took parts of the pose stand a part and placed them into a prim at which would allow me to rotate, weather it be I'm missing something or something else the prim I made now wont allow both avatars to sit like they would with the pose stand, I have learned where there's a will there is a way, unless what I'm trying to do, there is no way unless I had full permission to add the rotate script in myself to the pose stand but because that's not possible I wanted to build something instead

First I just want to say that I'm easily confused, so don't assume you were confusing in anything you said. Anyway, I think I now understand what you're trying to do, and it is absolutely possible. Now we just have to figure out a reasonable way to make it happen.

It seems this pose stand already handles both avatars and already comes with a multi-sitter script (the "[zED] MPS" system). Now that makes me suspect that the pose stand consists of more than one link, and that both links are scripted with that system. There's no real requirement that a multi-sitter script be present in both prims, but the few items I have that use MPS all seem to do that, with separate "Settings" notecards in each, and I'm lazy enough to guess that's how the pose stand works. If that's right, maybe start by simply duplicating that configuration and seeing if you can get both avatars seated and animated together on a fresh, similarly scripted linkset.

Once that's working, I'd try simply dropping the rotation script into the root prim and seeing if it's close to what you want. (I agree with Quistess that a more general solution would use three prims, the root doing the rotating and the child prims being the sit targets for the avatars, but maybe we can get close enough by imitating this pose stand as closely as possible.)

• Like 1