Frustrated

Gizmo Vortex

Question

I am very frustrated that not enough is being done to curb and stop the trolling/griefing that is happening inworld by YouTube trolls. I feel that they are getting away with this over and over and they are creating alts and using them to harass people who are simply minding their business. if you type in Second Life Trolling, you will find the videos I refer to. There are a lot of them and yet their Mac and IP addresses are not being banned to stop them from ever getting on. I don't understand how they are allowed to continue to do what they do and not get severely punished. And what's worse is then we as a community have to weaponize ourselves with huds and griefer tools that are sold on MP for the sake of protecting ourselves from attacks. Reporting them and blocking them is proving to be not effective. I don't want to speak for everyone but I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. When is enough is enough? When are we finally going to have a real solution to ending their reign of trolling/griefing? 

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Sadly, there is no such thing as an effective IP block. These days, most people have routers that assign dynamic IP addresses that change periodically, sometimes every time we log in. Then there are all the people who enter SL through a VPN. I suspect that most people who do that are either seeking a level of privacy and security or are trying to overcome Internet hassles in their home countries. In any case, there are enough ways to get around a block that the idea is really not much of an answer. All you can do is block and report, as you have been doing.

• Like 2