How long to wait for a teleport to succeed

Hello all,

I have always wondered how long to wait for a teleport to succeed. Sometimes the TP happens almost instantly. Other times it takes several seconds. Other times, even after several seconds, I get disconnected. I admit, after 10 seconds or so, I get impatient and cancel the TP.

Is there any guidance on how long to wait ? I don't mean "official guidance" from LL necessarily, but I guess more common knowledge amongst more tech sophisticated SL users.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity.

Steve

About six months back, at Server User Group, there was a big test, where we were all asked to TP in and out of two test regions. This was supposed to test a fix for teleport problems, including the long delays for clothing load that produce pink clouds and backwards heads. The test regions seemed to work well. There seemed to be real progress on incoming teleports.

Nothing has been heard about that since. Any idea what happened?

I do very (very) occasionally find that what I thought was a TP/logout bug where the bar moves slowly does suddenly turn into a successful teleport, I have never measured it but I would guess it to be around ten seconds.

It's rare though, if a teleport doesn't happen within a second or two 99% of the time it results in a logout.