Evan Reanimator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

float R = 0;float G = 0;float B = 0;

default{    state_entry()    {        llSay(0, "Hello, Avatar!");    }
    touch_start(integer total_number) {
R = llFrand(1);G = llFrand(1);B = llFrand(1);        // change color!        llSetColor(<R,G,B>,ALL_SIDES);                llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_POINT_LIGHT,TRUE,<R,G,B>,1,20,0.75]);
    }
}

This changes the color and light color to a ... random color upon every touching.

Hope it helps. Feel free to ask if a particular effect is needed.

BTW you may want to set a Glow parameter to about 0.4-0.6 and turn on Full Bright, cause the object without those effects looks very dull.

if you are looking to define the colors as static, then you want a list wrapper...

the simplest list wrapper is a global integer that each time you make your call, you add 1, then modulus by the list length, and save the result back to the global

gIdxColor = (-~gIdxColor) % color_list_length; //-- wraps the list index back to zero when it reaches the end of the list

no learning without exposure, but I'll count that as a questions so...

gIdxColor = (gIdxColor + 1) % list_length;

~Y =  (Y +1) * -1
-1 * ~Y = (Y + 1) * -1 *-1
-~Y = (Y + 1) * (1)
-~Y = Y + 1

-Y = (Y * -1)
~(-Y) = ((Y * -1) + 1) * -1
~-Y = (-Y + 1) * -1
~-Y = (-Y * -1) + (1 * -1)
~-Y = Y - 1

X = 1
-~X = 2
~-X = 0

I don't know, Paladin.  I think it all depends on the new scripter.  When I was just starting, I lurked here for quite a while before finally asking Void how one of her bit flip thingees worked.  It was fascinating. I remember taking apart a bunch of freebie scripts and trying to rewrite them with Void's syntax to see if I understood correctly.  It was a great exercise, and I learned a lot about things other than bit flipping in the process.  I know I'm a little wierd --- as interested in the puzzle as in the solution --- but there have to be other scripters like me .... I hope.

What would that be?

Also I have a movie screen that I want to just loop with a quick clip of something, could anyone point me to a tutorial or script that I could achieve this with? and what format can the clip be? Like does it have to be a .GIF or can it be .MP4?

Rolig Loon wrote:

I don't know, Paladin.  I think it all depends on the new scripter.

Absolutely, and I didn't mean to sound snarky. And Void's response was not only very kind, but interesting. As a non-flipper, I appreciated it. Maybe both types of answers would be appropriate, since it's hard to know how much experience the poster has.

I work in a very high-level language where that kind of thing isn't required, so my eyes glaze when I see it. Human nature being what it is, I assume everyone in the world is like me. :)

using the method of storing the uuid or names of inventory items in a list that I outlined above, you'd just replace the color function with the texture function.

using a single texture with multiple images in it, you'd change the offsets identically as you do for the color swatch version.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.