Photos in-world sent to email

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 76 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure of the best place to ask this, so...

It's been a while since I've used the in-world camera to take screengrabs, and I've just had the frustrating experience of taking a *lot* of photos (with/without including HUDs and Interface) in both Firestorm and the latest official SL Viewer, but despite seeing the message "Email sent" on every occasion, *nothing*  has been received by either of the email accounts I've used. Has something changed? I'm not being prompted to pay anything, nor have I seen a message telling me I've gone over any limit. (Photos taken when logged in with a non-Premium alt, if that makes a difference.)

Related question: Is there an easy way to save a file of shape settings for reference? (I've been here a long time, but haven't a clue.)

Many thanks!

I never use email for photos in SL. It is easier and faster to just save the snap to my hard drive. Plus I want high rez images. Usually 3000x1700px PNG images or about 15MB which most email servers refuse to send.

You can save a shape file to your computer. It depends on your viewer. Firestorm allows saving and importing shape files as XML files. So people readable. Use Develop>Avatar>Character Tests>Appearance to XML. if you are missing the Develop menu, use Ctrl+Alt+Q to reveal it.

The import is in the panel where you create a new shape.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you, @Nalates Urriah and @Rowan Amore. Usually I just use the MS snipping tool (for my furnishings posts in the Land > Linden Homes forum), but I thought using the in-world camera would be an easy shortcut, letting Gmail handle the storage. I had no issue the last time I did it, but that was maybe a year and a few software updates ago. Why it's working for Rowan, but not me, is perplexing (saving to disk *does* work). I'd also thought that maybe there was a delay, because I'd done maybe a dozen snaps in relatively quick succession, but 2 days later nothing has shown up. 'Tis a mystery.

Edited by Frigga Freidman

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Did you check your spam folder?  Are email preferences set to send IMs to email?  Not sure if the photo to email would be considered IM-like.  Worth a check.

Yep. *All* the sub-folders, in both email addresses I tried, and both of those accounts well under the 15GB of permitted storage. (And I've also sent large photo files from my phone to both accounts with no hiccups, so the problem isn't with Gmail's ability to accept the files.)

I'll check to see if something has changed in terms of my 'trusted sites' settings in Norton AV...

UPDATE: I haven't been able to find any settings that would prevent Gmail from accepting screengrabs sent from Firestorm, but for the first time have seen an error message of sorts within Firestorm to say that the process failed. Hmmm...

Screenshot 2024-03-07 204545.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 76 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.